Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a new care provider across the Midlands who specialise in offering a empathic and supportive environment for the recovery and rehabilitation for adults between the ages of 16-18 and 18-65. This support role will involve supporting young adults and adults with mental health, mild learning disabilities, drug and alcohol and challenging behaviours.
The Step-down units have created an important stepping stone for those ready to leave the full time recovery program but still in need of rehabilitation before being discharged back into the community.
They provide care and support in a supported living environment encouraging the residents to take part in activities and work towards independent living. Your role will be to support the residents in their day to day lives. You will be supporting adults with wide range of learning disabilities, challenging behaviours and mental health needs whilst they are in supported living. As a support worker you will be present with them throughout and assisting them.
- Update care plans
- Person centred support plans and risk assessments are created in partnership with individuals other professionals and social workers
- Provide high quality care and support to adults within a supported living environment
- Observe client conditions and log and updates as when required
- Encouraging good community relationships
- Supporting the management team and assisting other support staff
- Based closed to Ilkeston in Derbyshire
- Pay rate £8.00 - £9.50 per hour and increase in rates for bank holiday
- Temporary contract
- Day and night shifts available
The ideal Support Worker needs to have:
- 6 months experience in supporting adults with mental health and learning disability
- Valid DBS which is on the update service
- Mandatory training completed in Moving and Handling, Safeguarding and Infection Control within the last year
- UK drivers licence
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Jammal at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.