Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Support Assistant x2 - Housing and Support, Croydon or Upper Norwood working with Adults or young people, £20kpa, Permanent, 37.5hrs per week
Are you an optimistic, inclusive and determined individual who is passionate about helping homeless and vulnerable people? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and empowering people to achieve their aspirations? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
Supporting and empowering our customers to increase their life skills, self management and confidence to successfully sustain independent living.
- Working alongside Support Worker colleagues to assess customer needs and risks.
- Actively promoting customer involvement at all times.
- Working with customers to achieve support plan actions, recording outcomes and reviewing progress towards achieving their goals.
- Establishing supportive and professional relationships with customers and dealing effectively with unpredictable and challenging situations in a professional and sensitive manner.
- Ensuring customers are supported to achieve independent living through proactive support and building positive links with relevant agencies and external partners.
- Planning and delivering a range of customer activities and workshops.
- Ensuring customers are supported to raise complaints, comments and suggestions.
- Supporting colleagues to ensure all voids are advertised and lettings made promptly.
- Supporting customers to pay their rent, including providing advice on benefits and debt management.
- Responding in a decisive and proactive manner to customer and neighbour disputes.
- Reporting repairs and maintenance in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Supporting colleagues to remove items and make rooms ready for new occupants, where required
- Ensuring customers have up to date information on Health and Safety, and supporting them to manage their environment.
- Carrying out regular Health and Safety inspections, taking immediate action to remedy health and safety defects and alerting the appropriate people in line with Health and Safety Policies.
- Supporting colleagues to undertake risk assessments for each customer, and reviewing them regularly.
- Keeping accurate records, including logbooks, service user files, monitoring information etc.
- Providing written reports and information as requested.
- Maintaining clear and concise records of all key working sessions.
- Commitment to supporting the needs and aspirations of homeless and vulnerable people (can be demonstrated by examples of personal experiences or volunteering, as well as work experiences)
- An understanding of the reasons why people become homeless and the needs and challenges they face.
- Ability to plan and deliver workshops and activities to support customers to achieve the actions set out in their support plans (can be demonstrated by examples of personal experiences or volunteering, as well as work experiences).
- Ability to document clear records and to evidence outcomes achieved with customers.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, demonstrating a good standard of written and spoken English.receive support and constructive feedback.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, demonstrating a good standard of written and spoken English.
- Computer literate, and competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.