Our well established client are industry leading innovators in induction loop / hearing loop systems and technologies, working as specialists in the field for over 30 years. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to join their team on a full time permanent basis to be the lead for the supply chain of the business.
The company works with a group of sub contractor manufacturer partners who produce the products to demanding quality standards and we are looking for someone who can manage and improve the supply chain to ensure stock availability targets are achieved in order to support customer demand, at the right cost price and of the right quality, in accordance with customer agreements, through timely ordering of replenishment stock and on time delivery of purchase orders.
The role will suit a manager with experience in purchasing, stock and warehouse management, with enough experience to manage internal and external stakeholders.
Duties of the role will include:-
- Take the lead in supplier relationship management, ensuring service level agreements are set and met and that costs are reduced to targets, resolving any problems in a collaborative manner to ensure win outcomes
- Proactively source products and components as required, assessing new sources of supply as necessary to determine suitability to the supply chain
- Play an active role in the development and execution of a sales and operational planning process, collaborating on a regular basis with the sales management team
- Create action plans to improve "stock turn" and avoiding creation of excess stock whilst continuing to meet customer demand
- Prepare, analyse and manage stock reports and supply KPIs proactively to meet the required targets
- Manage the purchase order expediting process to ensure on time in full delivery of products and other goods, minimising stock outs and ensuring accurate delivery dates are maintained on the system to ensure accurate stock planning and delivery information is available for customers
- Maintenance of stock planning data on the system ensuring accurate and timely entry
- Support the warehouse supervisor to manage the efficiency of the warehouse operation via resource planning, problem resolution and effective warehouse processes
- Motivate, coach and develop staff as required, carrying out staff appraisals and creating staff personal development plans
- Develop any procedures and business processes in conjunction with other functions to drive continuous improvement within the designated business functions and encourage throughout the business as a whole
- Ensuring the maintenance and update of supply chain and operations procedures and processes in compliance with ISO 9001
- Proactively identify supply chain risks, both internally and caused by external political, economic or other changes and develop plans, propose and manage in order to eliminate, minimise and mitigate impact on profitability and supply
This is an attractive opportunity that offers a competitive salary, annual profit based bonus, company pension scheme with company contribution and flexible working hours.
Please send your CV in the first instance or call the Lincoln Office today on 01522 551910 for further information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.