This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
As Supply Chain Manager you will initially be responsible for helping define the core processes to support engineering, manufacturing and site based operations. These core processes will include supply chain management, production and material planning, in-bound logistics / product quality and procure-to-pay, all of which will need to be closely integrated with project costing, production, materials management, factory logistics and HSEQ processes. The initial work will cover setting up new systems of work for supply chain functions, helping to develop the business' supply-side strategy and a strategic supply partner network and developing key performance metrics to help monitor supply partner performance. The role will also involve helping to set up a structured parts library as part of the business' Digitally Enabled Agile Manufacturing (DEAM) platform
Once the factory is established, the focus will switch to ensure day-to-day that the entire supply chain is performing to required service / quality levels so that product delivers to the Berkeley Group standard. This monitoring will include ensuring an effective and efficient logistics strategy to ensure the business maintains a safe working facility. As the Supply Chain Manager will be co-ordinating a significant amount of the business' material spend, it is important to cultivate relationships with supply chain partners across all Strategic Bulk, Vendor Managed Inventory and Project-Specific product supply categories.
Initial Duties to Go-Live:
- Help develop the business' strategic procurement strategy
- Lead the development of the business' supply chain network for Strategic Bulk, Vendor Managed Inventory and Project-Specific product supply categories
- Help to map and specify supporting business digital information flows for the introduction of an advanced Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Help to map and specify digital information flows for the implementation of efficient e-commerce environment
- Help to map and define procurement processes and develop a set of relevant key performance indicators to monitor / report on performance of supply chain partners
- Help to design and implement a Quality Management System to help secure ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001 and support assurance / warranty scheme programmes
- Help to design and implement HSEQ processes to support materials management / logistics operations
- Assist the Engineering team in the creation of Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments to support safe and efficient production operations
- Play an active role in the role definition, recruitment and on-boarding of the new procurement team
- Help to create and deliver advanced training packages for the new procurement team
- Play an active role during sample production / prototyping trials
- Play an active role in the development and user acceptance testing of the DEAM platform
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferably degree educated in a relevant discipline
- Preferably CIPS accredited
- Minimum 10 years of supply chin / procurement experience within complex manufacturing environments
- Detailed knowledge of commercial supply / sub-contracts, and experience of supply chain development and relationship management
- Experienced negotiator with strong communication / presentation skills
- Experience of relationship management and driving continuous improvement in the supply chain with long-term partners
- Advanced understanding of ERP and implementation experience advantageous
- Detailed knowledge of ISO accreditation requirements
- Strong exposure to the development of cross-functional processes within a complex environment ideally within a green field factory build
- Experience within an offsite, automotive, steel fabrication or similar background
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to influence
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team ethic
- Ambition to achieve
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.