A superb opportunity has arisen within our clients Highways division for a Sub Agent to work on a £50M highways scheme in Newtown, Powys. To be successful in the position of a structures sub agent, it is required that you are skilled and experienced in the following areas:
- Offer an exceptional track record as a structures sub agent / sub agent on highways schemes
- To maintain and maximise quality of service and profitability
- Maintain and enforce health, safety and environmental standards as required by statute and company's safety policies
- Maintain and enforce quality standards as defined by statute and the company's policies
- To build long term relationships with clients, joint venture partners, contractors and other key stakeholders
- To build and develop skilled personnel to support the division in the region and cater for future growth
- Establish, Maintain and enforce compliance with the current safety legislation and the Company's Health Safety and Environmental Policies
- Ensure the site fulfils all obligations for external compliance audits
- Monitor the capability of staff and contractors to undertake current and prospective workloads and report to site management
- Identify \ Assist to introduce new processes, techniques and innovations on site
- Plan and co-ordinate the projects as allocated
- Ensure the correct administering of the Contractual Processes
- Ensure all design and approvals processes are controlled and fulfilled
- Oversee the day to day construction processes and ensure co-ordination within the site team, client and contractors
- Attend external meetings and maintain necessary regular contact with clients and stakeholders
- Control and monitor the planning and progress of the works
- Administer the cost forecast, valuation and reporting systems, maximise cash flow and profitability
- Implement strict financial controls on subcontractors, suppliers and operatives
- Post contract, organise and co-ordinate the undertaking of maintenance work
- Ensure the timely reporting of information in line with internal company and external client requirements
- Manage the project procurement process for suppliers and contractors in line with the divisional processes and commercial best practise
- Build long term relationships with Clients, Joint Venture Partners, contractors and other key stakeholders
Experience and Qualifications:
- Background in Highway Construction, Earthworks & Structures
- Thorough understanding of commercial and procurement processes
- Thorough understanding of project planning and monitoring processes
- Thorough understanding of safety, environmental and quality management processes and able to demonstrate positive track record
- Able to demonstrate an effective co-ordination strategy for onsite works
If you are a proven sub agent, then please don't hesitate in forwarding an up to date CV at your earliest convenience.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.