Stores Person - Central London - £21,000 per annum - great opportunity
- To facilitate, control, organise and manage the mechanical, electrical engineering and building stores together with all plant and equipment including the procurement of said items.
- To be responsible for the daily management of receiving goods and dealing with invoice and delivery queries
- Ensure the correct receipt, quality control, storage, location and security of stock and non-stock items in accordance with audit policies.
- Maintain accurate records of stock and non-stock transactions on the Maximo CAFM system
- Manage the requirements for the replenishment of stock, initiating the action for obtaining costs and availability. Taking appropriate action to progress orders and hasten the delivery of outstanding goods
- Check items of stock at weekly intervals and all stock on a 6M basis as required by the client audit procedures, investigating any discrepancies and reporting these to your line manager
- Ensure that stock turnover is maintained at levels set by your line manager and that any stock surpluses are identified
- The safe custody of surplus, obsolete or scrap material pending its disposal
- Manage and control the Hazardous Chemical Stores ensuring that the store is secure and in a safe condition. Keep a record of COSHH information for all chemicals stored and ensure this is updated as appropriate
- Check all invoices against goods supplied or service / maintenance works carried out, deal with any discrepancies and obtain necessary payment
- Ensure all operational procedures are followed and are reviewed and updated regularly.
- Follow company ethics, policies and procedures.
- Take an active part in all training and staff development provided by company and/or client.
- Follow the correct procedures and soft/hardware are used in the delivery and signing for of accountable items.
- Engage with and build relationships with end users and client contact.
- Carry out all duties within a timely, professional and polite manner.
- Loading and/or unloading of vehicles and/or trucks.
- Attend team meetings and/or meetings as requested by the Mitie Management Team or client.
- Adhere to all procedures regarding the security on site regarding deliveries.
- Adhere to any reasonable management requests from line managers or client contact.
- Adhere to Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures on site and to Mitie's policies and procedures.
- Previous experience of working in a similar environment
- Computer Literate
- Clear, confident communication skills
- Customer Service orientated
- Team player with an enthusiastic attitude
- Forklift truck licence (preffered)
- Well groomed at all times
- Good time keeping
- Optimum personal hygiene practices
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Chris Richmond, Construction Team Leader at Barker Ross on 07824 016231.
We manage roles across Construction management, facilities management, public sector and maintenance services ranging from Construction management, maintenance trades roles, surveying, facilities management and housing management and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.