- To manage a clinical caseload, dealing with presenting patient's needs within a community care setting
- To manage own clinical workload and respond effectively to patient needs and ensuring patient choice and ease of access to services.
- Provide safe, evidence-based, cost-effective, individualised patient care
- Offer a holistic service to patients and their families, developing where appropriate an on-going plan of care/support, with an emphasis on prevention and self-care
- Promote health and well-being through the use of health promotion, health education.
- Refer patients directly to other services/agencies as appropriate
- Work with GP surgeries providing support in the specialist area
- The development and use of referral pathways for NPs
- To mentor and support other nurses in developing and maintaining clinical skills
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within and external to the service
- Record accurate consultation data in patients records in accordance with the latest NMC guidance and other pertinent standards
- Make professionally autonomous decisions for which he/she is accountable
- Where the post holder is an independent prescriber: to prescribe safe, effective and appropriate products.
- Participate in continuing professional development opportunities to ensure that up-to-date evidence-based knowledge and competence in all aspects of the role is maintained
- Maintain revalidation requirements of NMC registration
- Work within the latest NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Work to maintain practice in line with CQC regulations
- Ensure the voice of the customer is heard within the company
- The post-holder must comply at all times with the service's Health and Safety policies, in particular by following agreed safe working procedures and reporting incidents using the organisations Incident Reporting System
- The post-holder will comply with the Data Protection Act (1984) and the Access to Health Records Act (1990).
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.