Qualified Social Worker - Looked After Children's Team
Barker Ross Health & Social Care are recruiting for a Qualified Social Worker for the Looked After Children - over 12's team within the Blackpool area.
Duties will include:
- Working with children and young people, families, carers and communities to help them make informed decisions, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning.
- Identifying risk of abuse and/or investigate complaints of alleged neglect, abuse or ill-treatment of children; undertake assessments and, where appropriate, arrange accommodation for children, young people.
- Liaising with colleagues in own and other departments and external agencies in order to gather information and resources necessary for assessment and care planning activities.
- Working to a range of legal options to support investigation and protection and give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings
- Contribute to planning/reviewing the cases of children in care; supervise fostering/adoption arrangements.
- Manage an allocated caseload of complex cases and maintain and update case notes and other records, write reports and maintain chronologies as required
Ideally you should have 2 years post qualifying experience of working within Children's Service, previous experience of working within a Looked After Children's Team would be advantageous.
If you are HCPC registered and have the experience and skills required for this job, please apply today!
Why Barker Ross?
With teams in 5 locations across the UK, our specialist consultants are always interested in talking to candidates, whether you are actively seeking work, or not. We have hundreds of jobs available and work with leading employers across the UK. In addition, we also offer easy registration and administration and access to online training to assist your career development.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.