Social Work Assistant
Location: Nottingham and Mansfield
Salary: £10.50 - £12.00 per hour
Job type: Temporary
Hours: Full Time (available on rota basis)
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Social Work Assistant on behalf of a client based across Nottingham and Mansfield. This will involve supporting adults and older people within their own homes on an assisted living and within a supported living environment.
- Direct Work with children as specified in the child in need (CIN) or child protection (CP) plan; such as wishes and feelings work, understanding why social care are involved; and working the child on specific issues such as domestic violence, parental substance misuse or family breakdown. They may work with individual children in a large sibling group.
· Direct work with adults i.e. going in and supporting parents to de-clutter the home.
· Supporting children or adults to attend appointments. To provide the practical support and emotional support to ensure that important appointments are attended that are key to progress the CIN/CP plan.
· Assistance with parenting assessments e.g. undertaking observations or reading historical files.
· Life Story Work for children who are newly accommodated or have moved to live with alternative family members.
· Home visits to children subject to a child in need plan if judged to be appropriate by the team manager.
· Take money/food parcels and equipment out to families.
· Accompany social worker on visits where joint visiting is felt necessary.
· Working alongside social workers to ensure that all relevant professionals are updated in relation to any key/significant changes in a child/families circumstances or plan.
· Visit parents at home to complete health paperwork for Looked After (LAC) children.
· Transporting children and supervising contact when this cannot be provided by the contact service.
· Referrals to agencies, provide updates to agencies and gather updates as directed by the social worker, including completion of agency checks where necessary.
· Support families to complete benefit forms and referrals such as furniture project.
· Attending LAC reviews, child protection conferences, core groups or CIN reviews with the social worker who has case responsibility.
Must have 6 months experience within healthcare
Full UK drivers licence essential
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Sean at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 941 8131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.