Skilled Test / Assembly Wire Person
Our client has successfully established itself as one of Europe's leading distributors of industrial automation and control products. Their Assembly Division provides value-added solutions to a rapidly expanding customer base and as part of these continuing growth plans, the company is now looking to recruit an additional Test/Assembly Wireperson within the Assembly Division production department.
The successful candidate will continue to offer high levels of service and support to a customer base requiring pre-assembled panel or rail solutions and will primarily be responsible for the test and inspection of electrical assemblies and as required, to build assemblies and panels to customer specification.
- Test from schematic drawings and run-out sheets, also including mechanical build tests and point to point wiring checks
- Experience of working in a ISO9001 compliant quality system and ensuring that all assemblies are fully inspected to our clients standard procedures
- Prepare test certificates and associated internal documentation
- Produce reports of failures for feedback to management
- When required, assemble and wire various electrical assemblies to detailed electrical drawings
- Maintain customer job packs and other associated paperwork with Job Packs
- Work within the times set for tests/builds but maintain a high quality standard
- Assist with the development of apprentices
- Compliance with H&S policy and procedures
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- You must be able to demonstrate extensive and diverse experience of testing, wiring, fitting and sub-assembly best practise
- You will need to display high and consistent levels of competence in relation to QA and mechanical/ schematic build compliance
- You must have persistence to see a job through to conclusion and the ability to work within a structured environment
- You will need to be methodical and precise in their approach.
- You must hold good working knowledge of Microsoft office systems
Ideally you will be qualified to HNC or C&G level in a relevant electrical discipline as well as hold a minimum of 2 years' experience in a relevant environment.
Salary & Benefits Package
- £22-£25,000 Dependant on skills and experience
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Auto enrolled into Core Pension
- Group Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Buy/Sell Holiday Options
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health care upgrades available
To apply please send your CV.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.