Assembly Skilled Wire Person
Location: Milton Keynes
To build assemblies and panels to customer specification
- Complete various LV assemblies as dictated by current orders.
- Complete various first off panel builds to customer specifications and drawings
- Work within the times set for builds but maintain a high quality standard
- Able to read from and work with various types of electrical / mechanical schematics drawings
- Assist with the development of apprentices
- Pack and label product on completion and after test if required.
- Maintain job packs and other associated paperwork with Job Packs
- Produce plotted and printed labels
- Work with other team members of staff including other departments to streamline manufacturing process to maintain efficiency
- Take on additional tasks in order to meet departmental, project related or developmental objectives
- Be accountable for personal development and contribute to the evaluation of performance in line with the clients core competencies and learning and development framework
- Compliance with H&S policy and procedures
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- It is important that the job holder should have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion and the ability to work within a structured environment.
- It will be important for the job holder to methodical and precise in their approach.
- It is important to have good working knowledge of Microsoft office systems
- A good level of education is required, with at least GSCE's in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Electrical Craft Apprenticeship will be an advantage.
- Broad knowledge of wiring, fitting and sub-assembly best practise
- The role holder will have the ability to provide practical solutions to engineering problems.
Salary & Benefits Package
Up to £22,000 Dependant on skills and experience
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Auto enrolled into Core Pension available
- Group Life Assurance
- Buy/Sell Holiday Options
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health care upgrades available
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.