Site/Setting Out Engineer - Groundworks
Reading Area - Experienced site engineer with proven track record on groundworks projects. Able to read and interpolate structural/architectural drawings. Able to establish site control and set out using Leica/Sokkia instrumentation. EXCELLENT RATES AND LONG TERM WORK.
The site is in Hungerford - transport is available to take you from Wembley and bring you back to Wembley.
- Good understanding and interpolation of engineer and architects drawings.
- Able to transfer from drawings to setting out in the field accurately and clearly
- Able to inspect and raise / rectify quality actions prior to concrete pours, backfill of drainage etc.
- Able to use key software such as Microsoft suite, AutoCad and Adobe pdf packages.
- Able to direct and mentor junior engineer / chainman.
- Able to carry out take-off of quantities for site ordering
- Able to read and understand RC drawings, and experienced in standard rebar call-off procedure/methods.
- Good attitude and able to work as part of a team, reporting to Foreman and Site/Project Manager.
- Diploma or Degree qualification in civil engineering or similar course.
- An excellent communicator
- At least 3 years relevant site engineer experience in a groundworks setting
If you would like to apply for this position, please call George @ Barker Ross head office on 0203 757 7048/ 07432157726 (Monday-Friday, 08:00-17:30) or click on the Apply link.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.