We require a Site Manager/Project Lead to join a high profile housing development in Walsall. We are looking for experience in new build housing schemes worth between £10-30 million and ideally some experience in Care.
The purpose of the role will be to ensure effective and efficient production within set timescales, including quality and safety management.
The Site Manager will be accountable for:
- To manage the daily activities of the appointed ground works contractor, in respect Of Health and Safety, Quality and programme.
- To manage that costs associated with the works, and any variations should they arise.
- Lead weekly progress meetings and producing the required timeline of works / action points.
- Subcontractor management to ensure projects are delivered on time and compliant.
Key tasks and activities will be include
- Investigation into latent defects and provide engineered solutions where necessary.
- Procurement of subcontractors for post completion works.
- Preparation of purchase orders, works orders and associated documents.
- Control of subcontractors and directly employed labour.
- Liaison with the Client and their agents on post completion matters.
- Review of ongoing works with a view to highlight potential defects.
- Advising production teams on `lessons learnt`.
- Amendment of O&M`s etc after remedial activity.
- To comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
- To fulfill Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company`s Health & Safety Policy Statement, Manual and Safe Systems of Work.
- To support and practice the Company`s Quality Policy and Mission Statement.
- To follow the Company`s Equalities Policies in relation to other staff, customers and members of the Group, at a level appropriate to the post.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.