Site Engineer; Groundworks
We are looking to employ a Site Engineer who has experience of working on Groundworks and Civil Engineering projects in Cambridge, Cambridshire.
Duties to include:
* Setting-out of all elements on site; Roads and Sewers, Foundations, Brickwork, Services etc
* Communicate with Site Supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
* Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
* Ensure that the drawings, details, and specifications are fully adhered to on site
* Assist in the preparation of 'as-built' drawings
* Monitor and record progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions and quantity.
* Provide engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered
* Provide assistance to the measurement department where required for example earthworks surveys.
* Implementing a Healthy and Safe working environment
* Liaising with site management to ensure the smooth running and management of the project.
* Material and quality management.
* Maintain good working relations with Princliple Contractor / Local Authority Inspectors, together with our supply chain.
* Maintain survey books as required by Senior Engineer
* Assist in the recording and checking of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, brickwork etc.
* Meeting with Clerk of Works to discuss all matters in relation to section 38 & 278 works
* Progress meetings with Principle Contractor regarding technical issues & programme
* Recording all Variations on site & ensuring works are agreed before commencement & subsequently signed off
* Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks and checking that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are within calibration
* Assist in the preparation of sketches for distribution on site, ensuring clear communication channels are in place for effective understanding
Experience / Requirements
* Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in relation to Groundworks / Civil Engineering projects
* Fully conversant with the use of robotic total station or EDM instruments
* Technically competent in dealing with all aspects of site duties
* Ideally holding a HNC or above in Civil Engineering
* Driving licence
* CSCS Card
* Full time, Permanent
* Rate of pay, negotiable
Job Type: Full-time
* relation: 2 years
* Certificate of Higher Education
* Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
If you would like to apply for this position, please call George @ Barker Ross head office on 0203 757 7048/ 07432157726 (Monday-Friday, 08:00-17:30) or click on the Apply link.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.