One of our long lasting clients are currently looking for a Site Engineer who has experience of working on Groundworks and Civil Engineering in South West London.
Duties to include:
- Setting-out of all elements on site; Roads and Sewers, Foundations, Brickwork, ground beams/caps and Services etc
- Communicate with Site Foreman to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
- Ensure that the drawings, details, and specifications are fully adhered to on site
- Assist in the preparation of 'as-built' drawings
- Monitor and record progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions and quantity.
- Provide engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered
- Provide assistance to the measurement department where required for example earthworks surveys.
- Implementing a Healthy and Safe working environment
- Liaising with site management to ensure the smooth running and management of the project
- Assist in the recording and checking of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, brickwork etc.
- Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks and checking that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are within calibration
Experience / Requirements
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in relation to Groundworks / Civil Engineering projects
- Fully conversant with the use of robotic total station or EDM instruments
- Technically competent in dealing with all aspects of site duties
- Ideally holding a HNC or above in Civil Engineering
- CSCS Card
- relation: 2 years
- Certificate of Higher Education
If you would like to apply for this position, please call George @ Barker Ross head office on 0203 757 7048/ 07432157726 (Monday-Friday, 08:00-17:30) or click on the Apply link.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.