Barker Ross are Looking for a Site Engineer for my Client in Derby area main work will be based in Leicester area - Transport Provided.
for a A Temporary contract roughly lasting around 4-5 weeks with on-going work following, working on a night shift from 8pm - 5am.
Job Description - Mechanical Fitter / Engineer
As an engineering maintenance fitter for my client, you would service and repair machinery and install / manufacture new equipment in a range of industries:
* Installing and fabricating equipment in factories and on production lines
* Quarry plant and associated machinery
* Transport equipment and machinery
* Recycling and waste factories and machinery
* Utilities and building services such as lighting and structural alterations
The job would fall into one of three areas - preventative (planned) maintenance, emergency maintenance and new equipment installation / manufacture.
In preventative maintenance, your duties could include:
* Making scheduled checks on machinery and parts
* Finding and fixing faults, and recalibrating instruments
* Oiling and cleaning machinery and parts
* Carrying out scheduled overhaul and replacing parts that have reached the end of their working life.
Emergency maintenance tasks could include:
* Responding immediately to machinery breakdowns
* Fixing faults on site or arranging for replacement equipment to be installed.
New equipment installation / manufacture:
* Team member installing new equipment into factories, making adjustments as and when they are needed using your own initiative.
* Manufacture / fabricate items on site using your own initiative to countermeasure any issues experienced when repairing existing or installing new equipment.
Ideal Qualifications / Experience
* Level 2 Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
* Level 2 Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology
* Level 2 Diploma in Maintenance Engineering Technology
* Level 3 Diploma in Engineering
* Formal "time served" apprenticeship
* Completed IOSH Managing Safely
* Experience of writing risk assessments and method statements.
* The ability to work as a team member and possess good interpersonal, communication and literacy skills.
* A good level of spoken English is a necessity
* To work with efficiency, accuracy and to be able to meet deadlines.
* To be able to prioritise workload and work under own initiative.
* High level of flexibility and dependability.
should you wish to call and discuss this role please call 01162042608 and ask for Mel
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.