I am currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for my client who is a globally established business who has been trading for 50 years.
It's a great opportunity for an experienced Shift Supervisor from a manufacturing environment
Organise and manage the production team in order that all products are manufactured according to the current production plan, undertaking regular checks to ensure all
products are made to the customer's specification and satisfaction first time, meeting our daily/weekly requirements in the most efficient and cost effective processes.
- Motivating a production team to ensure agreed targets are met by the shift on a continual basis
- Train and develop all employees in the production area on capital plant equipment and production process as required and deal with day to day issues in the correct and timely manner.
- Ensuring all company procedures are adhered to in terms of business KPI's, health and safety and quality standards and ensure by monitoring that housekeeping standards are being maintained on a daily basis.
- Organise the production team levels to ensure the effective running of the plant.
- Ensure all of the production team are trained in the tasks that they are carrying out.
- Carry out inductions for new starters.
- Identify and organise training and development requirements ensuring training records are up to date.
- Promote team work and good working practices.
- Update the time and attendance system on a daily basis.
- Monitor staff conduct, performance and attendance.
- Carry out return to work interviews within the first hour of anyone returning to work.
- Carry out disciplinary investigations in line with company procedures.
- Organise and carry out disciplinary hearings up to and including first written warnings.
Maintaining the production plan, daily production and KPI targets
- Ensure all plant, processes and equipment are running at an optimum level to ensure that the Production Plan meets customer requirements
- Ensure that the Production Plan is adhered to in the most efficient and effective way with the resources available, with the minimum amount of scrap, this includes both human resource and plant resource, liaising with the Production Manager when guidance may be required (a lean manufacturing plan).
- Motivating and encouraging all team members to take pride in making a quality product, resolve outstanding / ongoing quality
- Make the Production Admin Support / Production Manager and Human Resources aware of any investigations / disciplinary procedures that may need to be considered in line with the company
- Be part of any project team directed by the Production Manager to deliver projects identified by the Operations Director, to assist in the delivery of projects in a timely and cost effective manner, working with all other areas of the business to ensure that the projects are implemented
- To support: management control, health, safety and welfare of employees
The ideal candidate will be a good organiser and problem solver with excellent people skills, possess good verbal and written communication skills being able to communicate at all levels with energy and enthusiasm. You will possess a good understanding of production lines and ancillary equipment and be willing to learn any new equipment that is brought into the production area or developed on the production unit. You will be self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative, unsupervised and within a team. You will promote a positive "can do" outlook with a clear focus on deliverables, who naturally forward plans. Due to the nature of the role you will also be flexible, reliable and possess good time-keeping.
Experienced in managing a production department you will be able to organise the production team to run the production lines as required whilst maintaining high standards of housekeeping ensuring materials and the production area are clean, tidy and hazard free at all times. Aware of 5S, Lean manufacturing techniques. You will be computer literate and able to competently use the IFS software system after training. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation.
Hours of work
Weekly Rotating shifts Monday - Friday, 30 minute unpaid break:
Week 1 - 05:45am - 14:15pm
Week 2 - 21:45pm - 06:15am
Week 3 - 13:45pm - 22:15pm
For more information please contact Nicole Cooling.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.