Shift Production Operative - Multivac/Flow Wrap Operator
Kingston, Milton Keynes
Continential shift pattern working a mixture of days and nights. 12 hours shift 6am-6pm and 6pm-6am.
You will be responsible for:
- Producing high quality product according to the manufacturing specification and food safety legislation.
- Maintaining a safe work environment, by fully complying with legislative requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Carrying out hygiene/cleaning tasks throughout the factory.
- Perform packing and loading duties and are responsible for the quality of product produced in their work area.
You will need to be flexible for upskilling with in roles within the factory.
Your duties will include:
- Simultaneously run multiple production lines ensuring all lines meet their KPI targets (including wastage and efficiency) and that the team leader is aware if targets are not going to be met.
- Ensure the smooth production flow of product throughout the process.
- Differentiate between good quality and sub-standard product.
- Report any anomalies immediately to the Team Leader or an appropriate colleague i.e. Senior Production Operative, to ensure wastage and efficiency targets are maintained.
- Communicate and deal with situations as they arise, in a timely manner.
- Maintain a consistently high work ethic, allowing optimisation of line speeds at all times.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping to provide clean, safe working areas at all times.
- Report any Health and Safety issues to Team Leader or Production Manager immediately
- Actively drive continuous improvement in your work area by following OPS principles.
- Carry out quality checks and CCP's to procedure and processes. Recording of information on daily shift paperwork.
- Record all checks accurately into computer.
You will also need to ensure all hygiene and cleaning duties are carried out to a high standard across the entire factory which will include the following:
- Clean production lines and factory areas, as and when required, using CICs, shift hygiene cleaning records.
- Complete all hygiene duties as per shift cleaning record sheets.
- Laundry - ensure clean overalls available in all changing rooms and dirty overalls are controlled.
- Ensure that all cleaning documentation is completed accurately and signed off correctly.
- Responsible for looking after hygiene equipment i.e. ensuring that all parts of the equipment are maintained and reported in a timely manner if any part is broken.
All staff are required to share their knowledge, and when required, to train their colleagues using a buddy system.
As well as the above you must also hold experience in two of the following areas:
1. Packaging Machine Operation (Multivac and Flowrap)
To operate Multivac and Flowrap machines, ensuring that the correct quantity of quality product is packed into the correct packaging.
Palletising box/tray product according to the specification and transfer of completed pallets to the warehouse
Mix batches of dough, strictly according to the mix sheet/specification and company standards.
Must have good English communication skills both verbal and written.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.