Shift Operations Manager
I am currently recruiting for a Shift Operations Manager for one of my clients in the Rotherham area, the company are going through rapid growth and offer some fantastic benefits.
They are the largest recycler of Steel in the UK and through using Electric Arc Steelmaking, Vacuum Induction Melting, Mill processing and our dedicated service centres, we are able to produce and supply a variety of high-value precision-engineered products for Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Industrial Engineering, Bar and Narrow Strip.
About the role:
The Shift Operations Manager will support the Manager of Shifts in managing and controlling the shift operating teams through providing leadership and focus to the team shift-by-shift. They will create an environment whereby the teams can concentrate on the achievement of plant operating targets and objectives.
12 hour shifts, days and nights 6am - 6pm and 6pm - 6am.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* To ensure safe working procedures and practices are in place, in order to minimise the risk to the workforce, plant and equipment, and to ensure compliance with Company policy, targets and current legislation.
* To ensure their is effective communications across all teams, and the delivery of team briefs.
* Identifies, develops and initiates continuous improvement initiatives across areas of responsibility.
* Provides team leadership and motivation to ensure the achievement of team and departmental targets & objectives.
* Monitors teams' performance and identifies individual and team training requirements.
* Develops and initiates plans to improve individual and team performance, and in conjunction with the Safety Training Coordinator.
* Oversees shift operations and agrees manufacturing priorities with the Manager of Shifts to achieve planned throughputs.
* Organises and plans manning levels, ensuring effective and dynamic deployment of resources to meet on-shift priorities.
* Supervises contractors and issue permits to work.
* Monitors and measures Key Performance Indicators
* Deputises for the Manager of Shifts as/when required.
To be successful within this role you will ideally have:
Has a minimum NVQ level 3 qualification in process//manufacturing experience or equivalent.
Ideally you will have HNC/HND or a relevant degree or equivalent experience.
You will be a strong communicator with an ability in building effective relationships across all areas and levels, and can demonstrate a clear direction to achieve success.
You will be a strong problem solver that can identify, root cause and can achieve solutions to challenges in a pressurised operations environment.
You will have experience of leading and managing teams and capable of motivating a multi-disciplined and varied team.
35 days holiday
Up to 16% combined pension contribution
Private Medical Insurance
Access to Occupational Health
For more information please contact Nicole Durham.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.