My client is a rapidly growing manufacturer in the heart of Milton Keynes. Due to a recent expansion, they are looking to bring in qualified Shift Managers that are comfortable leading large teams in a 27/4 operation.
This Client has a unique product basis and it is an exciting time to join with them!
Heres what you need to know:
The role will operate on a 4on 4off basis on days, 6am-6pm.
* Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in factory operations, drive standards of quality, food safety and hygiene ensuring good practice across the factory.
* Manage the performance of all team members through the use of performance managements systems including grievance, disciplinary etc.The Role
A days based Production Shift Manager reporting to the Operations Director, the successful Production Shift Manager will continually challenge and strive for improvements in targets, standards and other agreed key performance indicators, using an innovative proactive approach.
* Own the training & development of all levels of team (coaching, developing, recruiting and training)
* Effective communication to ensure that the workforce is well informed and to encourage effective cross-functional links.
* Plan, organise, measure labour and material requirements to ensure agreed targets are met
* Performance Improvement through use of KPIs
* Perform effective and timely analysis and reporting of KPIs to identify and adopt best practice within the production team.
Qualifications and Experience Required
· Previous experience as a Production Manager, leading teams to achieve targets
· Food Manufacturing industry experience
· Experience of monitoring and maintaining productivity of production lines within a manufacturing environment
· Ability to build, motivate, develop and improve the team
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.