Shift Manager - Assembly
Currently recruiting for a fantastic opportunity to join a leading manufacturer as a Shift Manager, you will be responsible for leading an assembly shift including the Training team to create and sustain a unified, harmonised, trained, flexible, engaged, motivated and efficient workforce and a safe working environment in order to achieve production plans and ensure customers receive a quality product on time and in full.
· Develop the Assembly Team Leaders to become effective leaders in delivering quality and productivity.
· Ensure current training processes are being maintained and that the training team and Team Leaders are working collaboratively, to provide the best possible chance for new recruits to be successful.
· Manage the shift structure to ensure headcounts and skills provide stability within the department.
· Ensure product is manufactured to the required quality standard through standardised work methods and techniques.
· Ensure adherence to production plans for each shift and take necessary corrective actions if targets are not being met.
· Management of direct holidays by team to ensure stability in the structure.
· Carry out periodic performance appraisals of Assembly Team Leaders and Training Technicians to support the personal development of all employees and achieve personal/team objectives that align the company strategic objectives.
· Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures including H&S, Absence Management, Performance Management and formal discipline.
· Ensure accident investigations are carried out effectively, and provide an analytical approach to improving working conditions to reduce injuries.
· Managing track feeders to ensure just in time delivery to assembly lines and the accountability of lineside stock accuracy.
· Support Team leaders in the development of new recruits and develop weekly progress reports against quality and efficiency.
· The planning and facilitation of H&S improvements and other continuous improvement initiatives which establish cost savings and promote employee engagement.
· Manage labour recovery variances to identify opportunities for improving efficiency.
· Perform IPA audits as a supplement to quality auditors in response to quality issues and to identify best practice improvements.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Demonstrate similar experience of managing manufacturing teams in a fast-paced environment
· A good knowledge of time study tools (line balancing).
· Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
· Knowledge of assembly processes and methods.
· Understanding of process times, material usage and product costs.
· Performance appraisals
· Absence Management, Performance Management and formal discipline.
· Good written & verbal communication skills including presentation skills
· Good problem-solving skills
· The ability to create SOP's
For more information contact Nicole Cooling.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.