£32,000-£36,000 per annum
This innovative and forward thinking food manufacturer, based in Bedfordshire, produce a market leading product and supply into major retailers along with a variety of food manufacturers. The business is experiencing a sustained period of growth and is therefore looking for a production professional to come into the business and immediately add value.
Reporting to the Production Manager you, will be instrumental in managing the day-to-day and longer-term activities of your department. This will involve accountability for attaining daily production plans whilst effectively managing your resources in line with the business's KPIs and ensuring adherence to GMP standards.
In this role your success will be measured by your:
- Management, training and development of your team to ensure optimum effectiveness
- Achievement of KPI's in relation to production efficiencies, people, quality and profitability, through a continuous improvement approach
- Ensuring a safe working environment by taking a pro-active stance towards health & safety issues
- You will have to liaise with all other areas of the business to ensure successful achievement of manufacturing targets
- You will be able to plan, structure and organise work in order to set relevant objectives, key logical plans, prioritise critical tasks and monitor progress.
- Co-ordination of permanent and temporary labour during shift
What is required?
- Experience in a supervisory / management capacity within food manufacturing.
- Hands- on experience of Production is preferred although you may be required to work in other areas of the business
- Commercial awareness and a strong commitment towards quality and customer service
- A resilient, credible leadership style with the ability to inspire, coach and develop your team
- The ability to work, under pressure, on your own initiative and to 'think outside the box'
Is this opportunity not quite what you're looking for? I take an active approach with my candidates helping them secure their next opportunity.
I recruit exclusively within Food Manufacturing, covering Production & Engineering. I headhunt and resource for roles including Team Leader, Shift Manager, Production Supervisor, Production Manager, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Engineering Supervisor and Engineering Manager.
Please get in touch to discuss further - 0115 9416323/
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.