Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Service Receptionist - Homelessness (Stockwell), £21,000kpa, permanent, 37.5 hrs per week
To act as central point of contact for the service by providing a professional and welcoming environment. Maintaining administrative tasks to ensure the efficient running of hostel activities
- Deliver the highest standard of customer service to all parties including customers, their visitors and external agencies.
- Use skills, experience and knowledge to respond to challenging customer situations and deal professionally with emergency services.
- Act as a central point of contact for external agencies supporting the team and customers in maintaining good communication and positive working relationships.
- Be aware of the general wellbeing of customers and highlighting concerns to other staff members.
- Promote Customer Involvement activities.
- Support the team in organising interviews for potential customers. This may include ensuring referral paperwork is delivered to the team, book interviews, preparing documentation and updating both internal and external databases.
- Be responsive and proactive in dealing with behaviour that causes or is likely to cause nuisance and annoyance to neighbours and the surrounding community.
- Report repairs and maintenance in accordance with policy and procedure.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that customers have up to date information on Health and Safety, and to support them to manage their environment.
- Be aware and work within Health and Safety legislation.
- Carry out regular Health and Safety inspections, to alert the appropriate people and take action yourself to remedy health and safety defects.
- Be aware of customer risk assessments and highlight change in risk levels to the team.
- Implement the Fire Safety Procedure in it's entirety and contribute to the review of the Fire Risk Assessment.
- Be familiar with the content of all Service and Building Risk Assessments and highlight areas of risk that need to be addressed.
- Keep accurate records, including customer contact and internal databases.
- Be responsible for recording all cash transactions accrued during the shift and to balance cash at the end of each shift.
- Maintain key hostel systems and processes. Identify and highlight potential improvements to systems and procedures that will improve the service to customers.
- Maintain the reception area in a clean and tidy manner, ensuring notice boards are current and notices are displayed clearly.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Team Manager or Team Leader.
- Provide written reports and information as requested.
- Be aware of and adhere to all relevant financial procedures.
- Previous experience of working in a busy customer facing role
- Experience of working with people who display challenging behaviour
- Experience of maintaining administrative systems
- Experience of liaising with statutory and voluntary agencies for example Police, Social Services and health care professionals
- Experience of receiving cash payments and adhering to cash handling procedures
- An understanding of the reasons people become homeless
- An understanding of the support needs of vulnerable people including substance misuses and mental health
- Computer literate with competency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to operate key administrative procedures
- Ability to cope with customers who display challenging behaviours
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and respond proactively to change
- Commitment to customer involvement and ability to encourage customers to take part
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, demonstrating a good standard of written and oral English
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.