Our client is one of the largest providers of the supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Service Manager - Substance Misuse, complex needs (Kings Cross) 37.5 hours, £15.56ph, 1-3 months
To provide strong and effective management of high support accommodation for those with complex needs, including mental health problems, substance use issues and other secondary support needs.
Ensuring that all aspects of the services are delivered to the highest standards and are fully compliant with both our organisational values and contractual requirements to ensure that client' needs are met.
Working in partnership with colleagues and community agencies to develop and ensure a range of on-site activities and specialist services are accessible to clients who need them and that the services operate and are deployed as a cohesive programme.
- Proven track record and demonstrable expertise in the provision of a recovery focused, highly personalised, support service for vulnerable adults with complex needs that incorporates effective strengths and needs assessment, structured planned support, goal setting and advocacy and that is delivered both through structured case work and group work. The ability to share this skill and coach others.
- The ability to select and develop staff, manage performance, lead by example and achieve results; coupled with a clear understanding of the purpose and process of staff supervision and an understanding of how to motivate staff to maintain enthusiasm for a high level of client contact.
- A high level understanding and knowledge of substance use, mental health, associated legislation and the process of change is essential.
- An understanding of the criminal justice system and working with those who offend is desirable.
- A high level understanding of how to work with substance treatment services, of the needs of clients who are pre-contemplative or ambivalent about treatment have prior to entering treatment including , motivational, harm reduction and ITEP mapping techniques.
- An enhanced understanding of both Client and Property Risk assessments and their application in residential settings.
- The ability to plan, monitor and evaluate services, to ensure that they are responsive and relevant and to implement and manage change if required.
- Experience of managing complex and difficult situations, achieving resolution and customer satisfaction.
- A track record of delivering high quality outcomes for clients working within a strengths and recovery model.
- Understanding of Tenancy Management in relation to varied tenure types.
- Have strong networking skills and proven ability to build positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A level of numeracy, literacy and comprehension to contribute to budget setting and to monitor expenditure, write reports and review, analyse and extrapolate from written information.
- The ability to be fully self servicing in the use of emails and the common computer packages.
- Willingness and ability to work outside standard office hours on occasion including being part of out of hours On Call service.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.