Our client is one of the largest providers of the supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Service Manager - Mental Health and Homelessness, Westminster, 37.5 hours, £32-£36Kkpa, temporary 3-6 months ongoing
To manage and provide a high quality supported accommodation based support service to single homeless customers with complex mental health issues. Most customers have a history of homelessness and other complex needs. To lead and direct the service ensuring that they are supported to deliver the highest standards of service delivery to and with the involvement and customers.
Service and Staff Management
- Recruit, manage and lead staff ensuring that they are trained in their duties and undergo annual appraisal of their performance
- To set clear expectations of quality standards, work plans and targets for staff. To ensure staff performance is monitored through regular supervision, identifying and taking action on training and development needs as appropriate
- Undertake probationary assessments and annual appraisal within specified time frames
- Manage capability, disciplinary, probationary and other staff management procedures effectively and in line with procedure
- Ensure all staff complete organisational local and Health and Safety induction
- Manage leave, sickness absence and other absence in line with policy and procedure.
- Ensure all customers have a valid tenure and are inducted into the service, emphasising their rights and responsibilities
- Effectively manage rent arrears, voids and maximise income
- Comply with and implement Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Ensure all maintenance issues are progressed using the maintenance systems
- Ensure customers are involved in the development and delivery of the service
- Ensure the service meets the contract specification, KPI's and targets
- Produce accurate reports and data as requested and at specified intervals
- Produce an annual work plan for service improvement and development that aligns with the organisational values and mission
- Monitor income and expenditure and ensure that the project keeps within set targets and income is maximise
- Ensure that financial procedures are maintained at all times in accordance with procedures
- Participate in annual budget preparation and monthly income and expenditure analysis
- Experience of leading and managing a housing management or support services operation
- Experience of dealing directly with the public and customers in a busy service environment
- Experience of managing complex and difficult situations in relation to people
- Experience of setting targets and taking remedial action where targets are not met
- Experience of managing budgets and following financial processes
- Knowledge of the issues facing homeless people and how to meet them
- Knowledge of the relevant funding frameworks and of support services offered to vulnerable people
- A practical understanding of the requirements and reasons for organisations to implement customer involvement
- Knowledge of issues currently impacting on the housing and support sector
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.