Our client provides support to children at risk of exploitation -based in Chelmsford Essex
Position Available: Service Manager - Children (Chelmsford), 37.5 hours a week, 9 month maternity cover, £25ph
Role Purpose: To manage & oversee the services in Essex that work with young people at risk of exploitation.
The role will manage and clinically supervise CARE practitioners, ensuring they are supported to deliver safe, high quality and trauma informed practice
This role will co-ordinate and take a lead role around Exploitation, ensuring a multi-agency response, acting as a single point of contact for referrals from Essex Police, Social Care and other relevant organisations, support the capacity and development of Exploitation services within the County.
Providing management and clinical supervision of practitioners, working within TCS performance management procedures, (including recruitment, training, case management and regular supervision).
To lead on the screening and allocation of referrals; overseeing the delivery of 1:1 and group therapeutic support in order to reduce risk of harm and develop emotional resilience.
Act as a single point of contact for Essex Police & Essex County Council's children and families services working in partnership to ensure that we support exploitation based operational and strategic meetings to ensure the effective co-ordination of Exploitation work in Essex.
To work alongside other services to ensure the safe delivery of services to families affected by Exploitation, sharing resources and training as applicable.
Deliver training to both voluntary and statutory organisations to raise awareness and build capacity across the sector to respond to all forms of exploitation.
To assist in the delivery of training to professionals; building the team around the worker approach; with the setting up of communities of practice to support those trained to receive clinical support and oversight, ensuring more informed & effective practice.
To oversee the delivery and development of Exploitation services in accordance with current legislation and safe practice.
To develop and contribute to funding strategies and growth plans. .
- Substantial experience of working with vulnerable young people at risk.
- Substantial experience of multi-agency working/partnership working.
- Managing multiple services.
- Managing, leading and supporting individuals and teams who are dealing with complex and sensitive issues.
- Service development and project management including managing budgets.
- Improving and developing models of practice.
- A relevant professional qualification or working towards a qualification such as Social Work or another qualification associated with the area of work eg. Counselling, professional youth work etc, or extensive demonstrable practice in working with highly complex and vulnerable youth.
Work based knowledge
- Understanding of issues that affect vulnerable young people, (including those who run away, those who have been sexually & criminally exploited and those involved in serious youth violence).
- An in-depth knowledge of relevant children and young people's legislation in relation to vulnerable children and young people; including safeguarding and child protection.
- Effective methods of working with vulnerable young people.
- Understanding of your own and different management and learning styles.
Please send cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.