Barker Ross are working closely with an award winnig large house builder based in Brighton, they are looking for Senior Technical Coordinators to work on 150 Traditional Brick and Block, Timber housing units. The successful candidate will be expected to be site based once the project is live on site, however will need to be based at the Gatwick office.
They would be required to take the lead on all design matters for this project but may be provided with an Assistant during the course of the project which they will be expected to manage on a day to day basis.
- Prepare and conclude project specific consultant's appointment documents including the scope of works / schedule of services and fee draw down.
- Develop and agree Design Programme both internally and with consultant team
- Monitor and regularly report current position against agreed design programme.
- Deliver trade design packages on time and accurately.
- Actively manage the Design Team to ensure coordination of design and cooperation between disciplines
- Organise and control the design development of the project in accordance with the ER's, specifications and the construction programme.
- Ensure that the design team are working in accordance with Hill tender control document assumptions.
- Maximise profit by keeping all costs under control and exploring value engineering options.
- Control the design development and implement policies and objectives effectively as advised by the Technical Manager.
- Review and comment on the design information and deal with all obstacles efficiently and appropriately.
- Actively review and critique drawing information during design development.
- Ensure smooth transition from the Pre-Planning Design Team into the detailed Design development.
- Actively take part in regular design team and site meetings to progress site delivery.
- Ensure Compliance with requirements of Planning, Building Control and Warranty Provider and any other relevant parties
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE INCLUDING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree qualified with BSc Hons in Construction Management/Architectural Technology or a similar industry related qualification.
- Likely to be from a Contractor background, but would consider developer or private practice.
- RC frame experience is essential.
- Recent experience of working on mixed used schemes incorporating both residential and affordable housing.
- Must be a self-starter and able to really hit the ground running.
- Recent experience of working on centralised heating systems.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and be able to demonstrate ability to co-ordinate and lead the design process unaided.
- We are looking for someone who can demonstrate stability on their CV, but looking for their next exciting challenge
If you are interested in this role please contact Tom Green at Barker Ross on 01159483757 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.