We are recruiting for an experienced Senior Team Leader to work with one of our clients based in Tilbrook, Milton Keynes who is a leading distributor of heating products.
As a Senior Team Leader you will oversee and co-ordinate all daily warehousing activities, ensuring that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations. You will also need to maintain and increase the company's overall market share within retail and wholesale sectors.
You will be working Monday - Friday either 08:30 - 17:00 or 09:00 - 17:30 (you will need to flexible on working either shift times). Occasionally you may need to work over the weekend.
This is a permanent position paying £20,800 (£10.00 per hour) negotiable depending on experience.
This is a hands on role where you will need to be a good people manager as well hold excellent organisation skills To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- Warehouse supervisory/team leading experience
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office as well as a working knowledge of SAP WMS systems
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyse data
- Ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
Your duties as a Senior Team Leader will include:
- Orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, motivating and disciplining employees; you will be communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Delivering supplies and equipment to departments by receiving and transferring items using WMS Hand Scanners.
- Maintaining storage area by organising floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Maintaining inventory by conducting physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data where applicable and on-the spot checking of picked orders
- Secures warehouse by ensuring all doors are kept closed at all times and secured appropriately at day end
- Keeping equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Rebecca on 01908 695959 option 1 or email your CV.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.