Our client is one of the largest providers la of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Senior Support Worker -Housing and Support (Bromley), Permanent, £24kpa, 37.5 hours
Supporting and empowering our customers aged 18-65 to increase their life skills and move on to independent living.
Achieved through the offering one to one support, tailored to the specific needs of the clients
- To be responsible for the support of an identified caseload of customers with complex needs and undertaking full key working responsibilities.
- Deliver innovative and best practice in supporting customers to suit the needs of the individual customer, and engage those that can often be 'difficult to engage'.
- Undertake specialist interventions appropriate to the customer's needs including but not limited to those related to substance misuse, mental health and offending behaviour.
- To be a shift leader during a shift.
- When requested deputise for the Team Leader or Team Manager in their absence.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to lower grade posts to support their professional development.
- Identify the customer's move on route when they enter the service and deliver outcome focused support planning to achieve positive move on.
- Use skills, experience and knowledge to respond to challenging customer situations and behaviour.
- Manage relationships with external partners to deliver joint support planning.
- Identify opportunities to improve services both at a project and organisational level.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Team Work Plan.
- Liaise closely with referrers to advertise vacancies and fill voids within set timescales.
- To manage relationships with external partners to deliver joint support planning.
- To support customers to pay their rent, including providing advice on benefits and debt management.
- Implement strategies to address breaches of occupancy agreements that seek to prevent and avoid eviction.
- Be responsive and proactive in dealing with behaviour that causes or is likely to cause nuisance and annoyance to neighbours and the surrounding community.
- Complete all monitoring information in an accurate and timely manner including but not limited to CORE forms, Supporting People Client Record Forms and Outcome forms.
- Report repairs and maintenance in accordance with policy and procedure.
Health and Safety
- To ensure that customers have up to date information on Health and Safety, and to support them to manage their environment.
- To be aware and work within Health and Safety legislation.
- To carry out regular Health and Safety inspections, to alert the appropriate people and take action yourself to remedy health and safety defects.
- Keep accurate records, including customer contact and support
- Provide written reports and information as requested.
- Ensure clear and concise records of all key working sessions.
- Be aware of and adhere to all relevant financial procedures
- MUST HAVE experience of working with people who have complex support needs for example, substance misuse, mental health, offending, risk taking behaviour.
- Experience of occupancy agreements and dealing with voids and rent arrears targets.
- Experience of working in partnership with Statutory and Voluntary Agencies to deliver co-ordinated support to customers.
- Knowledge of the support needs of verified rough sleepers and how these can be supported in a hostel environment.
- Knowledge of key organisations that the service works in partnership with.
- Knowledge of best practice in Safeguarding Adults and Child Protection procedures.
- Knowledge of focused interventions for specific support needs for example drug use, alcohol use and mental health.
- Knowledge of available move on options and the potential barriers to move-on.
- Ability to cope with customers who display challenging behaviour.
- Ability to manage a high caseload
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and respond proactively to change.
- Ability to involve customers in all aspects of the running of the project
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.