An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven senior site manager from a residential background, to work for a national housebuilder, on a prestigious housing development in Gloucester. They have been operating for over 70 years and now have over 2000 employees and pride themselves in their high standards, service and build quality.
To be successful in the position of senior site manager, it is required that you are skilled and experienced in the following areas:
With the support of the Contracts Manager, co-ordinate trades, direct labour and materials to meet the production programme; maintain the optimum level of material on site to ensure that the site team is fully and effectively employed.
- Ensure that all units are produced to a consistently high standard of quality, so as to comply with NHBC requirements and the Building Regulations.
- Monitor Quality Control procedures and Customer Service procedures, and ensure that any customer complaints during the production cycle are promptly and properly investigated, with action taken to remedy defects and prevent recurrence.
- Monitor and control the cost of production, and approve payments to sub-contractors.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety and other relevant legislation, and accompany any authorised person connected with Health and Safety at Work or other relevant legislation in inspections of the site.
- Initiate and attend inspections by the Local Building Inspector or the NHBC under the Building Regulations.
- Liaise with internal colleagues/Line Managers, and external suppliers and contacts as required in order to ensure the build programme is achieved.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure that regular Sales/Build meetings are attended, all Sales/Build procedures in the company "blue books" are adhered to, and inspections of all show homes are carried out..
- Carry out familiarisation inspections (New Home Tours) with the Sales Negotiator and customer, and ensure that any remedial work is completed prior to occupation.
- With the support of the Contracts Manager, ensure that the on-site Construction team is fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the site's workload and resources.
Personal characteristics/ qualifications and skills:
Extensive experience of working within established build programs.
- Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation.
- Assertive to ensure delivery of targets by on-site team and trades/labour.
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs, demonstrates strong problem-solving ability..
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Builders and/or qualified to NVQ level 5 in Construction Management or a time served tradesman with considerable experience of the full range of construction trades.
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of the construction trade and the relevant legislative requirements e.g. Health and Safety, NHBC requirements and Building Regulations.
- Good knowledge, understanding and experience of dealing with all issues relating to Customer Care.
If you are a proven senior site manager from a residential background and you are looking for a new and exciting long term challenge, then please don't hesite in forwarding an up to date CV
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.