Senior Residential Children's Support Worker
Location: Glenfield, Leicestershire, LE3
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 plus sleep in allowance
(Option to use the Childcare Voucher Scheme)
Job type: Permanent/Full-time position
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Healthcare are currently recruiting for a Children's Service who provide Integrated Residential services of Care, Education and Therapy to young people with challenging behaviour and EBD.
About the Role:
You will undertake the Senior Residential Childcare Worker role to work in one of the homes as part of an integrated service working closely with Education and therapy services alongside Local Authorities. You will act as a professional person working closely with other agencies and professionals. You will be responsible to the manager for the day to day running of the home, managing a shift and delivering high quality care to the young people. You will help to train and develop staff ensuring the home is compliant with The Children's Homes Regulations and promotes and safeguards the welfare of young people.
Successful applicants will need:
Excellent communication skills, knowledge of care plans, and be able to demonstrate a good understanding of professionalism and knowledge of the day to day operations of a Children's Home.
Further job details:
- Providing high quality care to children and young people, identifying needs and preferences for each individual
- Supporting children and young people with challenging behaviour, mental health, EBD and self harm
- Encourage good community relationships and liaising with children's families and support staff
- Accurately report, record and maintain records as required
- Assist with all aspects of catering and domestic duties as and when required
- Person centred support plans and risk assessments are created in partnership with the young person, their family, school, other professionals and social workers
- Providing one to one support, day to day activities, days out and group trips
- Various hours of work available on working rota
Experience preparing and managing a shift and working with young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties. Knowledge of childcare legislation including Safeguarding and Child Protection.
You must have QCF Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce or equivalent or above, and minimum one years' relevant experience.
Training and development opportunities are provided to support you in developing your career.
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Jade at Barker Ross Healthcare on 0115 9418131
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.