Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Senior Residential Childcare Worker with a Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce or equivalent or above. The role is to work at a Children's Service based in Leicestershire who provide Integrated Residential services of Care, Education and Therapy to young people with complex needs.
About the Role:
- You will undertake the Senior Residential Childcare Worker role to work in one of the homes as part of an integrated service working closely with Education and therapy services alongside Local Authorities
- As a Senior Residential Childcare Worker you will act as a professional person working closely with other agencies and professionals
- You will be responsible to the manager for the day to day running of the home, working with young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Managing a shift and delivering high quality care to the young people, you will help to train and develop staff, ensuring the home is compliant with The Children's Homes Regulations and promotes and safeguards the welfare of young people
Successful applicants will need:
- Excellent communication skills, knowledge of care plans, and be able to demonstrate a good understanding of professionalism and knowledge of the day to day operations of a Children's Home
- Experience preparing and managing a shift
- Working with young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties Knowledge of childcare legislation including Safeguarding and Child Protection
- You must have QCF Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce or equivalent or above, and minimum one years' relevant experience
- To be within a commutable distance from Leicestershire
- £20,000 - £22,000 plus sleep in allowance
- (Option to use the Childcare Voucher Scheme)
- Training and development opportunities are provided to support you in developing your career
If you are interested please call is on 01159418131!
If this position is not right for you, Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for the following positions in Leicestershire and across the Midlands: Care Assistant, Support Workers, RGNs. RMNs, RNLDs, Clinical Leads, Deputy Managers and Nursing Home Manager. Please call 0115 941 8131 to discuss your new opportunity today!
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.