Senior Quantity Surveyor Infrastructure and Civils (£40-60k DOE + package)
A great opportunity has arisen for experienced QS looking to make the step up to a senior level
A leading UK construction and regeneration group, operating in the public and commercial sectors, through six divisions of construction and infrastructure, fit out, property services, partnership housing, urban regeneration and investments.
You will be working in the Infrastructure department working on Highways projects and your main responsibilities will be:
- Provide commercial expertise to aid the delivery of the contract work by taking the commercial lead in a geographical lead
- The provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the management team whilst ensuring the contract achieves the appropriate commercial targets
- Ensure that all reporting is accurate and completed to agreed timescales
- Ensure the project programme contract, cost, quality and time targets are met
- Ensure prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and that subcontractor payments are dealt with fairly and in accordance with subcontract terms
- Provide key information across the contract team
- Liaise with the office manager to ensure accuracy of cost and best practise in material buying
- As part of the overall management team take responsibility regarding H&S and the environment providing commercial support management, training and advise direct reports
To be successful in this role you will
- Have a BSc in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline)
- Must have NEC3 experiance
- CSCS compliant
- Working towards or have a professional membership (RICS/CIOB)
- Experiance working on Highways Projects
- Be able to set clear and appropriate goals that consider the bigger picture
- Drives well to achieve consistent results
- Interpret a plan and decide what resources are required
- Able to call upon and manage diverse skills and methods to deliver results
- Can work well within tested frameworks of development to identify others needs
- Use personal experience to build skills in other people
- Hold a current and valid UK driving licence
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.