Senior Quantity Surveyor Infrastructure (Salary:£40-48k DOE + Package)
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior QS who specialises in Highways and general civils projects.
One of the largest companies in the UK specialising in construction, infrastructure, delivering projects in the private and public sector from £50k to £1b. They are committed to conducting business with the highest levels of integrity, honesty and responsibility, demonstrated by their approach to sustainability, their activity in the communities where they work, and their business practices both internally and externally.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor you will
- Ensure the project and programme contract, cost, quality and time targets are met
- Ensure prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications
- Maintain and coordinate all commercial reports required for the successful commercial management of the contract
- Ensure all subcontract issues are resolved, deferring to the commercial manager where appropriate
- Management of subcontract accounts including procurement, payments, variations and final accounts
- Liaise and assist with the performance analyst in the preparation of run rate data, including the preparation of weekly profit/loss, plant spend, KPI and perfect delivery requirements
To be successful in this role you would need
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline)
- CSCS compliant
- Working towards or have a professional membership, ie RICS or CIOB
- Detailed knowledge of Highways and Infrastructure
- A wealth of NEC3 knowledge
- Experience working with a variety of schedule of rates contracts
- Sound knowledge of construction practises and standards
- People management experience, such as managing performance, development and disciplinary procedures
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.