Barker Ross are recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor in the Coalville area (LE67) on a 3 Month contract based on 36.25 hours a week Mon - Fri at a rate of £25 p/hr.
To assist the Housing Asset Management Team in the co-ordination and management of cost control and procedures for the repairs and investment work of the Council's housing stock. To support the Housing Asset Management Team in producing and maintaining accurate financial information in compliance with the Council's standing orders.
- To take responsibility for ensuring effective cost control measures are in place and budgets adhered to with regard to external and internal contracts.
- To be responsible for building and maintaining effective relationships with contractors, customers and stakeholders, dealing with challenging situations as and when required.
- To assist the Housing Procurement officer with the procurement of contracts.
- Forecast cash flow and manage accruals sharing information with other stakeholders where required
- Review contractor valuations on a timely basis, ensure all works are completed along with relevant associated paperwork and that they are paid in accordance with the contractor terms and conditions.
- Be responsible for contract documentation and provide advice and support to the department on disputes etc.
- Confidence and resilience to deal with changing demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Able to build rapport and maintain good relationships with a varying range of people
- Effective influencing and negotiation with a range of people to achieve desired results
- Ability to interpret complex financial information including project finances, budgets and valuations to ensure effective cost control Ability to effectively manage contractors including chairing contract meetings
- Proven track record of staff management and development
- Ability to produce financial reports
- Contract knowledge, procurement and OJEU experience
- Experience of supporting contract management team in housing refurbishment
- Financial and budgetary experience
If you are interested in the role and would like to learn more about the role, please apply today!
For any other roles which might become available please register with Barker Ross at www.barkerross.co.uk to be contacted directly.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.