This key role will be responsible for taking concept approved products through the development process onto full scale bakery launch; for trialling and commissioning new equipment to the bakery in order to maintain the quality and safety of product; and for conducting process/product improvement projects. The role will include:
- Work alongside your Concept colleagues to maintain awareness of ongoing Concept projects and to assist in the development of potential bakery process flows
- To work as an integral member of the Development team networking with other internal departments, suppliers and the customer as required
- Assist the Process Development Manager in working to critical paths on proposed concepts, managing them throughout the trialling process up to product launch and post launch review
- Attend bakery pre-production and product launches and assist the production team to ensure a smooth transition
- Build effective relationships with all customer contacts
- Liaise with Purchasing and the Technical Dept to establish raw material specifications for new items to the site
- Arrange and conduct bakery trials by liaising with the relevant production areas ensuring that any existing and new raw materials and packaging are also obtained in advance of the trial
- Use bakery trials effectively to collect required product and process data and ensure accurate records of trial work are maintained and communicated through to key departments
- Submit samples for microbiological and nutritional testing in accordance with the customer codes of practise
- Assist the Packaging Buyer to ensure that all finished product packaging is fit for purpose, including arranging travel tests
- Assist in completion of QAS and bakery trial specifications documents and ensure these are completed in conjunction with customer, Production and Technical Teams
- Issue all bakery documentation, document controlled by the Technical team, to the Production Team, in a timely manner prior to pre-production, including specifications and agreed written and photographic quality standards and ensure that it is updated if required prior to launch
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.