Senior Planning Engineer - Construction & build Projects - Manchester - £70-85K DOE, Car/Allowances + Company Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a Global Tier 1 Main Contractor with headquarters based in London, working on large construction and build projects of £50m+
As the Senior Planning Engineer you will manage the planning and monitoring of the large/complex projects to which they are assigned throughout all project stages. Work with the operations team and support/oversee junior planning staff to develop the most efficient project methodology and execute the timely delivery of a project. Identify any rectification actions required and influence the parties responsible to complete these actions.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Expert understanding of construction methodology, building technology, pre-construction processes and procurement methods.
- Strong understanding of the primary forms of construction contracts and the key commercial terms.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt approach dependent on the situation and audience.
- Produce reports and diagrams to a high standard to convey proposed sequences and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of CPA planning techniques and project controls.
- Strong understanding and experience in the use of P6.
- Strong Excel (use of formulae, pivot tables etc) and PowerPoint skills.
- 4D BIM software knowledge.
- Able to draw upon experience in multiple industry sectors.
- Experience of working under different forms of construction contract.
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.