Senior Operations manager (Hard services) - London - £50,000 - £55,000, Company car/car allowance, Great opportunity for an ambitious FM professional with a national contractor.
You will have a fantastic opportunity to work for a large contractor in the FM arm of the organisation, this work will be of a sensitive nature and will require you to complete a vetting process. You will have a great opportunity to work for a progressive and value driven organisation with the opportunity to further your career in FM.
You will be responsible for operations on a sensitive contract, you will manage day to day running of hard services, ensuring maintenance services exceeds targets by providing an excellent operational management function.
You will be able and experience to manage contracts and clients in addition to external stakeholders. You will be responsible for full contractual compliance, health and safety and quality systems.
- To assist the processes of managing work in progress effectively
- To ensure recruitment, induction, employment, appraisal, training and work allocation of staff as well as making recommendations regarding promotion, remuneration and training requirements are made in accordance with company rules, procedures and instructions, with the support and advice from the Human Resources department
- To ensure a professional working relationship of all employees, agency workers and subcontractors is in line with legislation and best practice, with support and advice from the Human Resources department
- To represent MITIE at key client review meetings as necessary
- To co-operate with other MITIE disciplines for the provisions of multi-discipline service where required
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
Contract Specific Duties
- Manage all PPM, MEBF reactive and project activities across the clients portfolio
- Ensure legislative compliance in relation to Health and Safety for all building operations activities
- Manage all technical services to contract KPI's and performance measures
- Manage the engineering operations teams including performance management of all individuals.
- Carry out plant condition surveys and plant replacement for all plant throughout the portfolio
- Prepare monthly report on all risks, opportunities, exceptions and reportable incidents for building operations
- Performance manage all specialist M&E contractors including contracts renewal process
- Identify energy saving oppotunities.
- Completion and return of monthly report(s) to the Account Manager
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in Mitie & Client Teams
- Carry out monthly building / engineer / subcontractor audits in line with QHSE plan
- Host team briefings weekly at HQ and monthly at sattelite sites
- Qualified in a Building Services discipline
- Some form of business management qualification akin to "ILM" desirable
- Financial Awareness & previous experience of managing a budget
- Customer care/relationship building skills (internal & external clients)
- Proven ability to manage change successfully
- Have an excellent understanding of Health and Safety with a minimum of IOSH Certification.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in FM building Services management roles.
- Experience of working in a large scale FM contract in a Corporate HQ Environment.
- Familiar with standard MS Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Able to work well as part of a highly motivated team.
- Strong and effective communication skills. Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Previous people management experience.
- Have a high level of skill within core discipline
- Have a good working understanding of all M&E systems outside of their core discipline
- Computer literate with Excellent communication skills amongst peer group
- Flexible and willing approach to work
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Enthusiastic and Hardworking
- Good quality and process driven person
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Chris Richmond, Construction Business Manager at Barker Ross on 07824 016231.
We manage roles across Construction management, facilities management, public sector and maintenance services ranging from Construction management, maintenance trades roles, surveying, facilities management and housing management and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.