Barker Ross has teamed up with Berkeley Modular LTD part of the Berkeley Group to exclusively recruit for their new Modular Offsite Construction Factory in Ebbsfleet, Kent.
They are currently on the look out for an Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join the new venture
Role: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Reporting To: Operations Director
Business Unit Location: Crete Hall Road, Northfleet Embankment, Ebbsfleet, Kent
Package: £50,000 - 60,000 per annum
Personal Health Insurance
Annual Incentive Scheme - Management
25 Days Holiday + Stats
This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
As Senior Manufacturing Engineer you will initially be responsible for helping create a 150,000 sq. ft. green field advanced manufacturing facility and define the core production processes within. These core processes will include systems and facilities engineering support, and will need to be closely integrated with production, factory logistics and HSEQ processes. The initial work will cover setting up new systems of work to support production and help to maintain the factory infrastructure, leading the planning and project management of OEM's to install advanced production technologies into the new manufacturing facility and eventually help to build and recruit the broader Berkeley Modular team.
Once the factory is established, the focus will switch to ensure day-to-day that production is able to deliver to the required output levels, which will mean the facility and associated advanced manufacturing technologies are kept operational at all times. As such, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for supporting production deliver against labour productivity and manufactured product quality targets, whilst ensuring a safe working environment for the workforce, It will be essential to work very closely with other stakeholders from across the business covering the technical, engineering, projects, finance and site logistics disciplines to understand challenges that are faced and help develop and evolve robust solutions.
Initial Duties to Go-Live:
- Help to map and specify all supporting business digital information flows for the introduction of an advanced Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Help to map and specify all factory digital information flows for the introduction of an advanced Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Help to layout the new facility and test manufacturing logic flows to optimise production
- Lead the process design work including defining / documenting sequence of operations, labour and material routing details and detailed time standards for ERP / MES
- Help to design and implement HSEQ processes to support production operations
- Help to create manpower standards to meet capacity.
- Help to create Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments to support safe and efficient production operations
- Help to create bespoke equipment / jig-fixture design solutions
- Help to project manage OEMs and third party agencies for the installation of new machinery / equipment
- Play an active role in the role definition, recruitment and on-boarding of the new engineering team
- Play an active role in the manufacturing facility commissioning process, including programme of sample production / prototyping
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferably degree or BTEC educated in a relevant discipline
- Experience of project / programme management within a green field factory build
- Minimum 5 years of experience within complex manufacturing environments
- Advanced understanding of ERP and implementation experience advantageous
- Advanced understanding of MES and implementation experience advantageous
- Advanced understanding of BEMS
- Proficient with 3D BIM environments such as Inventor or Solidworks.
- Strong exposure to the development of cross-functional processes within a complex environment
- Experience of process development and implementation of process improvement methodologies
- Experience in advanced offsite manufacturing technology such as CNC controlled machinery.
- Qualification in Lean Manufacturing; Theory of Constraints; and / or Six Sigma from a recognised, accredited training body
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to influence
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team ethic
- Ambition to achieve
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.