Barker Ross are recruiting for Senior Maintenance Surveyor in the Shrewsbury area (SY2) on a 3 Month contract based on 37 hours a week Mon - Fri (09:00 - 17:00) at a rate of £24.00 p/hour.
Candidate must have the following;
- Minimum of 10 Years Experience Required
- Driving License Required
- Ability to Attend Evening Meetings
The post holder who will be the responsible for the management, procurement and tendering of all highways and transport contacts. They will act as the liaison and manager of the relationship and performance of the contractors / consultants and will lead their team to ensure that Shropshire Councils interests are achieved and embedded into the processes and policies within the contracts teams remit.
- Responsible to Highway Governance and Traffic Manager who is in turn responsible for the post holder's health and safety, training and development.
- Responsible and accountable for 4 FTE members of staff, acting in a supervisory/managerial capacity, monitoring performance, supporting development and undertaking annual appraisals.
- Expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
- Candidate Essentials
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Project management qualification (APM or Prince 2 or similar)
- Significant experience in a Highways/ Civil Engineering environment
- Familiarity with NEC forms of contract.
- Demonstrable experience of active involvement in contract procurement process
- Ability to develop strong and effective partnership relationships with external and internal stakeholder
- Political sensitivity
- Ability to maintain focus, objectivity and sound judgement under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills
If you are interested in the role and would like to learn more about the role, please apply today!
For any other roles which might become available please register with Barker Ross at www.barkerross.co.uk to be contacted directly.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.