Senior Floating Support Worker - Mental Health - Twickenham, London
£18,559 per annum
Barker Ross Health & Social Care are recruiting for experienced Support Workers to provide high quality support to people with Mental Health issues in the community. Candidates are required to enable clients to live their life, their choice and their way. They will do this by providing clients with support in a range of areas, that include health, emotional and social support. We are recruiting for candidates who will engage with clients in order to understand them on an individual basis, gaining an insight into their unique needs, wishes and aspirations, and delivering person-centred care according to individualised support plans.
Duties will include:
- Carrying out support plans, key working and risk assessments
- Driving between clients in the community and providing a floating support service
- Providing person-centred support that takes into account the social and emotional well-being of clients as well as their physical needs
- Enabling clients to engage in and feel a part of their communities
- Working proactively with external agencies
- Promoting independent living skills such as personal hygiene, cooking, cleaning and finance
- At least 12 months paid experience in a care or support environment
- A genuine interest and commitment to working with vulnerable adults and to providing the highest standards of care and support
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care
- Car Driver with full license and ideally access to own transport
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to display initiative, a proactive attitude and work effectively in a team
- Previous experience working with adults with learning difficulties would be beneficial
- Working for a leading provider of sheltered accomodation
- On-going training and development, a company that invests in you
- Opportunities for proessional progression
If you feel you meet these requirements, please apply with an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call the office on 020 3137 5251 and speak with one of our dedicated consultants.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.