Main Duties Include:
- Manage and co-ordinate information for bids and tenders within designated area Researching materials, equipment and labour costs Gain and understanding of what the client's needs are Collecting quotes from suppliers and sub-contractors Assessing and advising on commercial risk
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities
- Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecasts
- Clearly convey the financial elements of a tender to site staff at tender handover
- Involvement in review/ input to quality submissions
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in estimating in civil engineering, with experience of projects of a similar nature which include highways, earthworks, infrastructure and EA projects. You must also have sound knowledge of spreadsheets and other estimating packages. This role is mainly office based but occasional site visits will be required to expand technical knowledge and company culture.
Excellent salary on offer plus company car or car allowance, life assurance cover, company pension scheme (we match up to 6%), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, a cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.