Barker Ross is looking for senior engineers and engineers for Civil Engineering Company based UK wide. As senior engineer, you will be part of the site based team with a primary focus on site activities and assisting more junior members of the site team. The engineering department is committed to conveying design information to the site operatives providing setting out to the highest accuracy in a clear and professional manor.
The role will be working across Northampton, Milton Keynes, Peterborough and Rugby with site visits to be completed 2-3 Times a week with other time be spent in the office working with building drawings.
You will strive to achieve best value by using your experience and knowledge effectively to fulfil each of the responsibilities set out below;
- Ensure the health and safety of yourself and others around you.
- Checking base stations and site control prior to commencement of works and at regular intervals during currency of project.
- Carry out pre-start OGL surveys as agreed with survey department.
- Request appropriate information from client's representative via RFI's.
- Extract setting out data from drawings (electronic or hardcopy), schedules or instructions and set out works to the required accuracy.
- Communicate setting out control to site operatives clearly (ie height above finished levels, gradients, etc). · Record dimensions of hard breakout, soft spots, calculate Volumes etc as directed by the Site Agent or the site QS
- Oversee junior engineers/trainees in their day to day site activities.
- Provide information to operatives to assist them to construct the works (ie manhole schedules, drainage track sheets, etc)
- Record as-built information for Health and Safety File (ie invert levels, lateral and duct locations, etc) and forward to Survey department for final drawing up.
- Maintain Engineers Site File of setting out information, calculations, etc.
- Keep a tidy and legible level book and survey book.
- Ensure setting out equipment is properly maintained and calibrated in accordance with company procedures.
- Supersede drawings as new drawings are issued.
- Assist Project Manager/Site Agent with site records/data base input as appropriate.
- Report any safety/quality/environmental incidents or non-conformances to Project Manager/Site Agent/General Foreman.
- Record any instructions to confirm or change setting out information via CVI's.
- Ensure all setting out equipment securely locked away when not in use.
- Engineers need to be mindful of the contract programme and set out in accordance.
- Engineers are responsible, despite their experience and qualifications, to learn and improve themselves
- Upload relevant information to A-site (cloud based web system)
- Carry out, record any pre and post material checks
- Assist junior engineers/trainees in the planning of their day to day site activities.
- Ensure that they are using the latest version of drawings
- Provide guidance and training to assist the development of junior/trainee engineer
- Where appropriate to assist/guide site management in decision making
- Be able to provide (if time permits) Risk Assessments, method Statements and permits
- To ensure that not only is the As-built information recorded and passed to the Survey department for drawing up, but that the final As-Built drawings are produced in a timely fashion for the Health and safety file
- Be prepared to involve themselves with pre-start design checking and on going design development during the construction phase.
- Preferably will have at least HNC qualification but working knowledge and experience equally relevant
- Able to read and understand construction drawings.
- Capable of using Total Station Survey and GNSS equipment
- IT literate
- Good communication skills
- Pro-active problem solver
- Relevant engineering software i.e. Auto CAD
- Preferred relevant site experience in; Drainage, Earth works, Roads, Structures
Hours and Environment Working hours for this role are generally 7.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday inclusive but subject to site hours and requirement.
If you are interested in this role please contact Tom Green at Barker Ross on 07824016224 or email your CV to email@example.com.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.