Our client requires a Field Supervisor to help run the domicalary care company helping people in their own homes in a managment position.
- The Senior carer is responsible for the supervision and management of professional staff, ensuring that a responsive, high quality service is provided to clients, their families and carers within the community.
- They will allocate work to team members and will monitor the team's contribution to the overall objectives of the company.
- They will support compliance with CQC standards Promoting Quality Care and will ensure that access targets defined by the Company Directors are met.
- The Senior carer will provide professional governance and leadership within their sector, including providing professional supervision to staff within their own Team and others within the sector. This will be a reciprocal arrangement with Senior carer colleagues from other professional backgrounds.
- The Senior carer will ensure compliance with statutory duties; performance targets and quality improvement measures.
- The post holder will be expected to provide cover for colleagues and deputise for the Branch Manager/Registered Manager or Operations Manager as required.
- Manage and lead the multi-professional team in the delivery of safe and effective evidence-based interventions.
Work collaboratively with other members of the team to ensure that appropriate rota cover is in place
To produce detailed work schedules for the Care Workers and providing both written and verbal instructions/guidance to them.
Ensure that all calls including Live-in Care calls are covered at a minimum of 1 week in advance.
To provide a seamless service and call cover in the event of sickness absence, unforeseen and planned absences.
QUALITY ASSURANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organise and chair Enhanced Care Planning and Review meetings for clients who present with significant risks and who have complex needs.
- Lead and ensure the implementation of agreed action plans including risk management plans for individuals with high risk/complex needs.
- Ensure adherence to the relevant legislative requirements.
- To work closely with clients and their family to obtain feedback regarding their in effort to improve the effectiveness of the service.
- Act as a resource for advice and expertise to staff, users, carers and other agencies such as GPs
- Ensure adherence to Governance requirements.
- Organise and chair relevant professional/ Team meetings.
LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- To line manage all community-based staff including Live In Carers and Community Carers
- To act as point of professional guidance, provide supervision, expertise, knowledge and support to all community-based staff
- Ensure staff act in accordance with relevant professional codes of conduct and standards.
- To complete probation review for all new employees, complete supervisions of existing employees every 3 months and to conduct formal annual appraisals.
- To participate, lead conduct or performance management reviews
- Undertake staff performance review with team members, identifying staff development needs and agreeing opportunities for these needs to be met OTHER
- Manage own workload and undertake projects or tasks outside the normal responsibilities when required.
- Client reviews including record keeping such as appropriate updating of assessments, care plans, risk management plans and carers assessments.
- Ensure that the Service User and Carers are actively involved in the planning and delivery of services in keeping with A Class Care's ltd mission statement
- Ensure that regular audits and evaluations are undertaken to determine compliance with Companies standards.
RECRUITMENT & SELECTION/ HUMAN RESOURCES
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff.
- Participate as and when required in pre-screening, interviewing and offering positions to staff.
- To attend recruitment fairs and participate in staff attraction initiatives.
- Manage attendance and participate in disciplinary and grievance matters when necessary.
- Assist in the investigation of complaints and incidents under the direction of the Operations/ Registered Manager
- To participate in Staff, Team and Quality Management Review Meetings as directed by the Manager.
- To bring forward ideas and contribute to the relevant discussions.
- To participate fully in probation review meetings.
- To report back to the Registered Manager on any aspect of client care which he/she feels warrants investigation or urgent action.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.