Responsible to: Head Teacher
Salary: Scale 25
We are flexible with hours and the hours worked. Ideally we would like someone who can work a split shift Monday - Thursday from 7.30am - 9.30 am and 5.00 - 6.30pm, Friday from 7.30am - 9.30 and 4pm to 6pm but we can offer flexibility for the right candidate.
Minimum 18 hours a week initially - maximum of 36 hours per week. To be discussed at interview stage.
Hours: This post is for 52 weeks a year with usual holidays. Any holidays will need to be approved by the Head Teacher and not taken during Term time.
- Reports to: Office Manager
Purpose of the Job:
- Ensure that pupils have equality of access to opportunities to learn and develop, and that (working with SLT) community access and use of the site and buildings meets requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and related best practice
- To ensure the security and general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards and that heating systems operate at optimum efficiency.
- To liaise with contractors on all aspects of access and all works
- To support with the use of the site, buildings and related resources by the community
- Ensure general upkeep and maintenance of the premises is satisfactory to the school's standard
- Organise and carry out any minor improvement/decoration/building/gardening projects
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Identify defects and record repair and maintenance requirements: This requires a proactive approach - identify problems and deal with them, sometimes things may crop up that are not in your direct job description, but if you can help, then this is the approach the school is looking for.
- Undertake appropriate repairs as necessary and keep records (logs) of repairs and maintenance
- Undertake duties covering maintenance items and emergency repairs as agreed with the Headteacher, contacting and engaging contractors etc. for tasks requiring specialist skills and keeping relevant records
- Ensure that the school site is secure and well-maintained.
- Open up and lock up the school site. Ensure that locking and unlocking procedures, including the operation of the alarm system, are followed.
- Ensure that the premises are adequately heated and lit, appropriate to conditions. Take the necessary steps to ensure the most efficient operation and use of the lighting and heating of the premises including maintenance and operation of the plant
- Porterage duties: Move furniture and equipment as necessary / required in accordance with the principles of manual handling, sometimes with the help of mechanical aids e.g. trolley
- During work hours, put out / put away apparatus, staging and equipment as required, according to the weekly timetable (e.g. assembly, performances, PE, meetings etc.)
- Porterage of deliveries to the site as appropriate, during on-site times.
- Manage authorised access and departure including outside school hours.
- Support staff with setting up communal spaces for lunch, assemblies, Community and uphold the school's Green ethos
- To uphold the Travel plan by patrolling the Nature Car park to ensure that parents are not using in undesignated times.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.