Caretaker- Primary School - Hackney E5
Salary: £20-25k per annum depending on experience.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday) .
This is a new school opening in January 2019.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
To ensure that the internal and external school facilities are available, fully functional, H&S compliant and aesthetically pleasing where this falls within the remit of the caretaking team.
- Ensuring security integrity of the school buildings and grounds
- Carrying out day-to-day duties according to daily schedule
- Carrying out defined Planned Preventive Maintenance responsibilities, including daily maintenance/testing as appropriate.
- Conducting initial investigation into reactive requests relating to deficiencies, carrying out repairs or reporting to management
- Responding to emergency situations
- Being observant for Health & Safety issues and ensuring they are rectified or reported
- Assist service providers whilst on site
- Carrying out minor repairs and decoration works
- Responsible for cleaning/deep cleaning within the school
- General maintenance skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Good communication skills in relation to managing relations with the school, communicating with external service providers, and reporting deficiencies to management
- Proactive nature with the ability to work in a team and share knowledge
- Willingness to learn new skills and undertake training to develop role
- As this role will involve working in schools the interview will include questions regarding safeguarding and confirmation of appointment is subject to completion of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check
- You will be required to bring proof of your eligibility to work at interview stage
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.