We are currently looking for an experienced and talented Risk and Quality Manager for our client to join their team in Southgate, London on a full time basis. This is an exciting and diverse role that will involve plenty of travel between our services.
The hours of work per week will predominately be 37.5, between Monday - Friday, however you may be require to work out of hours occasionally.
As a Risk and Quality Manager, you will be responsible for developing an operational risk policy, framework, and process to implement across our organisation. You will be the primary point of contact for all operational staff on risk and safeguarding matters and will visit services regularly to inspect and evaluate the risk and quality, while educating on service improvements.
On a day-to-day basis you will carry out first time and thematic inspections and assurance visits, as well as writing up reports, preparing for audits, whistle blowing investigations and managing safeguarding enquiries.
Your other repsonsibilites will be:
- To effectively support the Head of Risk in the design and delivery of the operational risk framework and risk management processes.
- Delivering a programme of risk based compliance audits.
- To facilitate the development of operational risk register, working closely with Area and Scheme Managers.
- Plan and undertake specific audit assignments for schemes across Metropolitan Care & Support.
- Ensure that all risk reports take into account.
- Be a SME on the external regulatory environment (in particular the CQC, Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, medication protocols) in order that audits comply with best practice and emerging sector requirements.
- To provide consultancy support as a risk specialist to Operations / Housing with Support such as investigation of serious quality issues, providing advice and training for general and regulatory issues.
Here`s what we are looking for from you:
- Proven experience of carrying out inspections, understanding service improvements and overseeing quality assurance checks.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation relevant to this customer group, especially of adult safeguarding and child protection procedures.
- Understanding of the operational risks relevant to key business activities. undertaken in Care & Support / Housing sectors.
- Ability to lone work in the community and as part of a team.
- Good analytical skills to ensure a good understanding of the root causes.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.