Barker Ross are currently working close with one of the UK Top 10 Housebuilders. They are currently recruiting for an experience Estimator to join the commerical team. The role will suit an experienced estimator looking to move from a smaller company or a experienced assistant looking to progress.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Commercial Awareness
- Have strong organisational skills and able to present information in a logical manner
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Able to work as an individual and work co-operatively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
You will need
- At least three years post qualification estimating experience ideally with a main contractor
- Relevant qualification - HNC/HND, Degree
- Mix of tender experience up to c£500k-4m, mostly refurbishment, fitout and new build, Bills of Quantities, Plan and Specification and Negotiated
- Must have some experience of take-offs and be familiar with Conquest or Estimate etc
- Good basic estimating knowledge and experience, ready for your next step
- A good conversion rate of tenders priced to contracts awarded
- A good understanding of the principals of estimating, with the ability to respond and interpret clients' requirements, assist with creating winning bids
- A track record of success and a stable working background with any previous employers
- Be timely, methodical and capable of multi-tasking
- Must be hard working, enthusiastic and commercially minded
- Accuracy, a "cool head", ability to hit deadlines and a calm approach when under pressure are the attributes my client is seeking.
The client is offering a competitive salary with company benefits, they are currently one of the UKs largest house builders with sites across the UK.
If you are interested in this role please contact Tom Green at Barker Ross on 07824016224 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.