Barker Ross are working with one of the UKs Top 10 Housebuilders, who are looking to expand their team and recruit for a new Engineering Manager to work across North and East Yorkshire. The role will be based out of York and the candiate with have overall repsonibility for co-oridnating the engineering team and reporting director the the Technical Director.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years working witin a residential development background and have experience leading from the front. You will have experience working within infastructure and groundwork maintenance and understand the demands within the house building division.
- Appointment of Geotechnical/Environmental, Civil and Structural Engineering Consultants
- To assume overall responsibility for the Engineering functionmensuring delivery of investigations, reports, designs and detailing solutions for the regions projects
- To prepare pre-purchase appraisals of development opportunities advising on development constraints and 'abnormal' items requiring commercial provisions
- To maintain a continuous process of evaluation of Consultant's performance and design capabilities to ensure that service delivery standards and scheme proposals adhere to best practice in delivering Value Engineering
- To assist in managing the process of timely discharge of building regulations and planning conditions
- To ensure adoption agreements are secured in a timely manner
- Minimum Associate Membership of an Engineering institute and 5 years post qualification experience preferred or minimum HNC/HND with 10 years post qualification experience
- A demonstrable track record in residential development and possessing the ability to confidently manage all areas where Consultant Engineers have an input into the development process
- Candidates must be credible, articulate and driven. Possessing the ability to successfully manage the performance of Consultant Teams and internal staff members
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Tom Green at Barker Ross on 07824016224 or email your CV to email@example.com.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.