Location: Sherwood, Nottingham
Salary: £8.21 - £11.00 per hour
Job type: Temporary
Hours: Part time / Days & nights available
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Children's Support Worker on behalf of a client based near Carlton in Nottingham. This will involve supporting children with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities, EBD and related challenging behaviours. Possible temp to perm opportunities also available.
- Providing high quality care to children and young people, identifying needs and preferences for each individual
- Supporting children and young people with challenging behaviour, mental health, learning disabilities, EBD and related challenging behaviours
- Encourage good community relationships and liaising with children's families and carers
- Supporting young people in education, training and development
- Accurately report, record and maintain records as required, adhering to care plans
- Assist with all aspects of catering and domestic duties as and when required and supporting children and young people to develop life skills
- Report any deficiencies in the service of whatever nature to the service manager or nurse manager
- Person centred support plans and risk assessments are created in partnership with the young person, their family, school, other professionals and social workers
- Providing one to one support, day to day activities, days out and group trips
- Attending therapy sessions and supervised contact visits
- Ensuring children and young people are given opportunities to achieve their full potential
- Various hours of work available on working rota
Must have 6 months experience within health and social care
Practical Moving and Handling Certificate
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Katie at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.